Whether you’re new to running or a marathon runner, finding the right fitness tracker can be daunting. We’ve gathered five apps and wearables to help you rock race day – whether you’re a newbie or a pro!
New to running? This app is perfect for you! This nine week program incorporates walk/jog intervals to prep for your first 5K.
- 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week, 9 weeks
- GPS, in-app music player, and voice commands
- Custom motivational tips
- Combined and daily stats
- Share with friends
The Fitbit Charge tracks all-day activity like steps, but its exercise mode is fantastic for runners. It times your run, provides steps, distance, calories burned and floors climbed.
- All-day activity tracking
- Watch and OLED display
- Caller ID
- Long battery life
- Auto sleep and silent alarms
- Wireless syncing
Motivate your run with music! Spotify serves up a variety of awesome workout playlists that vary by mood as well as a newer feature that will match the beats-per-minute to your running tempo.
- Non-stop mix of music
- Running Originals—brand new music made for running
This GPS Smartwatch is perfect for the running guru. Its touchscreen display and advanced running dynamics help perfect your form and improve your overall running experience.
- Touchscreen GPS running watch with a high resolution color display
- Advanced running dynamics include ground contact time balance, stride length and vertical ratio
- Features stress score, performance condition and lactate threshold
- Connected features include automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking, audio prompts, music controls, smart notifications and social media sharing
- Download data fields, watch faces, widgets and applications from Connect IQ
RunKeeper is the running app for everyone! It’s great to track your mileage, average pace and to map your course. Its community based motivation is perfect for sharing on social media.
- Goal Coach
- Personalized training routines
- Rewards from brands like Saucony and New Balance
- Progression tracking
- Audio cues
- Workout comparison
- Spotify integration
Be sure to keep your devices protected on those runs with a SIMPLR protection plan!